Under the guidance of ATGE’s Academic Technology Director and RUSM’s Sr. IT Manager provides advice regarding strategic direction for the use of technology in education, including the use of technology in instruction and distributed learning.
In collaboration with CTL, Faculty Development and Audio Visual Departments, provide leadership, development, and management of programs for facilitating faculty development initiatives; managing and supporting the planning, development, and deployment of initiatives that promote the use of technology to deliver instructions.
Under the guidance of ATGE’s Academic Technology Director and RUSM Sr. IT Manager provides leadership for the implementation and operations of the university's course management system; testing and evaluation systems, scheduling system, organizing vendor support, vendor training, and related technical activities; researching advances in education and instructional technologies and facilitating implementation of cutting edge technologies; recommending various products and goals in the strategic planning processes; manages operations of Academic Technology; collaborating with the A/V and Faculty Development Departments to assure effective and efficient implementation of the university's technology resources; contributing to the success of all instructional technology initiatives by demonstrating professionalism and enthusiasm; and performing other related duties as assigned.
In collaboration with Adtalem Global Education (ATGE) Academic Technologies Solutions and Services (ATSS) team and Center for Teaching and Learning, provide leadership and direction in the management and operation of Academic Technologies Solutions and Services (ATSS) for the Barbados Campus.
• In collaboration with ATGE’s ATSS team and Center for Teaching and Learning, provide leadership, lead and coordinate the development and implementation of integrated, strategic ATSS plans and policies for the Campus along with directing an educational technology vision and strategy.
• Give recommendations and actively participate in Barbados Campus ATSS budgeting process, and provide sound leadership in cost and productivity analysis.
• Develop and maintain operating standards, policies, and procedures.
• Be an active and engaged member of the IT Leadership Team.
• Consult with department managers to develop system solutions consistent with organizational objectives.
• Develop and implement disaster recovery procedures for Academic and Learning Technologies deployed at RUSM Barbados campus
• Determine responsibilities of staff to accomplish business objectives.
• Actively participate and lend Leadership oversight for Academic and Learning Technology Projects.
• Perform all such duties commensurate with the position as may from time to time be reasonably assigned to him within the context of the above.
• Tier II Support for Academic Technologies used in CTL & small group learning.
• Provides guidance on adoption and use of Classroom & Learning Technology in collaboration n with CTL & A/V.
• Provide stewardship over assessments & electronic testing environment.
• Coordinate & Conduct (AT) training activities associated with CTL and Faculty Development.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent experience.
• Six to eight years of experience in higher educational managing academic technology related projects within a medium to large Higher Ed Institution.
• Strong knowledge and experience with learning management systems, testing and evaluation system, design applications such as Adobe Suite, Macromedia applications, web page development applications, and MS Office Suite.
• Demonstrates strong analytic, written, and oral communications skills.
• Three to five years in faculty and staff development coordination.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization's purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 12,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Bridgetown, Barbados before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.