The Exam Coordinator is primarily responsible for ordering, scheduling and tracking National Board of Medical Examiners® (NBME) exams, processing Foundation of Medicine course grades, processing and grading clinical core and elective clerkship evaluations, and verifying United States Medical Licensing Examination® (USMLE) Board exams via the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates® (ECFMG) site. Advises students on exam policies, eligibility requirements, and provides superior customer service to internal and external customers.
• Order and schedule NBME Comprehensive Basic Science Examinations (CBSE), Subject Clerkship Examinations (SCE) and Comprehensive Clinical Science Examinations (CCSE), including verifying eligibility requirements and notifying students accordingly. Download, track and report student performance/scores on all NBME examinations to students and department chairs, using Salesforce, ImageNow and Banner. Coordinate requests for NBME exams requiring special accommodations. Submit NBME invoices for payment processing. Advises students of all NBME exam policies and procedures
• Process and calculate all clinical core clerkship grades, including grading of clinical assessment form, NBME SCE and online curriculum content using MS Excel, Banner, Salesforce and myRoss. Grades must be posted for students within 42 calendar days from last date of attendance per accreditation requirements. Advises students of all grade policies and procedures
• Process and calculate all clinical elective clerkship grades using MS Excel, Banner, Salesforce and myRoss. Grades must be posted for students within 42 calendar days from last date of attendance per accreditation requirements
• Review and verify students for the USMLE Step exams, obtaining necessary deadline forms and notifying students accordingly. Download, track and report student performance/scores on all USMLE examinations, using Salesforce and Banner. Process students’ USMLE score reports and transcripts to confirm scores and upload to Imagenow. Advises students of all USMLE exam policies and procedures
• Notify and track student performance and Independent Study Periods (ISP’s)
• Review and verify eligibility requirements for students to attend the Clinical Skills Assessment (CSA) events within policy deadlines. Process and notify student performance/scores and retakes
• Work with Prometric testing sites in case of technical issues, closures, and rescheduling
• Format and process all campus and final grade files to upload into Banner and myRoss
• Process requests for copies of clinical evaluations, immigration letters, and name changes
• Answer phone calls and respond to and resolve Salesforce inquiries
• Maintain and organize Registrar student file room to ensure compliance with FERPA regulations, including accessibility, maintenance and retrieval
• Completes other projects and duties as assigned by the Assistant Registrar and/or University Registrar
Completes other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform these job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• At least 3 years general office and/or customer service experience; Higher education experience preferred
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong customer service skills
• Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
• Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet applications
• Experience with Banner, ImageNow and Salesforce preferred
• Ability to travel to Barbados as required
• Ability to work evenings
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization's purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 12,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Bridgetown, Barbados before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.