Under general supervision of an Admissions Manager, assists in the management of student enrollment strategies in an assigned territory by following up with interested students via phone/email, interviewing qualified applicants and conducting follow up activities to ensure a smooth matriculation to RUSM.
• Schedules interviews with qualified candidates for RUSM in assigned territory.
• Conducts professional interviews in person or via Skype to assess the applicant’s suitability for enrollment in our programs.
• Utilizes interview question guide and interview materials to structure interview and provide compelling information about RUSM
• Provides written summary and recommendation concerning applicant’s eligibility for admission.
• Makes decision calls and advises students on next steps
• Partners with admissions colleagues to provide a warm hand off to the next phase of the admissions process
• Attends local/regional graduate/professional school events on college/university campuses to represent and promote the University
• Continuously develops product knowledge to be able to answer complex questions and advise students properly
• Utilizes the Student Information System (Salesforce) to track applicant progress by entering notes and updating student statuses
• Strives to provide excellent service to students during each stage of the admissions process
• Provides information to new students and is highly knowledgeable about the institution
• Develops and maintains relationships with new students to encourage enrollment
• Partners with the operations team in the home office and remote recruitment team
• Approximately 25% travel required regionally (including evenings and weekends) to attend recruiting events and/or conduct interviews
• Travels overseas to campuses as assigned to maintain and continually improve understanding of medical education and specifically our unique operations
• Completes other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an admissions role or in customer service, recruitment, or marketing related field
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills combined with outstanding interpersonal/interviewing skills
• Previous interviewing experience is preferred
• Good critical thinking and assessment skills
• Ability to write well is required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Previous experience with Salesforce Banner a plus.
• Must be willing to travel regionally/nationally/internationally occasionally to conduct interviews/attend events/visit campus(es)
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization's purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 12,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Bridgetown, Barbados before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.