Ross University School of Medicine's Medical Sciences campus, located in Bridgetown, Barbados invites applications for a Student Development Specialist, Campus Life in the Department of Student Affairs. The academic center will leverage existing facilities in the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Center, which is centrally located in the vibrant capital city.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizing a coaching and mentoring approach provide supervision, staff evaluation and staff development in a positive manner.
- Master’s Degree in a field to perform the job successfully (prefer a degree in higher education administration, college personal, human development, counseling or closely related field).
- Knowledge of and/or experience in student activities, student government, student unions, study abroad programs, graduate programs, advising, orientation and transition programs, etc.
An individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership – with a coaching and mentoring approach
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict; Maintains confidentiality; Responds calmly to stressful situations/incidents.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Writes clearly and informatively.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of social media systems; Microsoft Office Suites; data management systems
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Ross University offers a competitive benefits package, including relocation assistance to and from Barbados, a retirement program, health care benefits, and a generous annual leave program. We also offer opportunities for professional development. We are proud to be an EEO/M/F/D/V employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To apply, please visit our website www.rossu.edu; select Careers and complete our online application process.
Ross University School of Medicine is a member of Adtalem Global Education (NYSE: ATGE), a global education provider headquartered in the United States. The organization's purpose is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Founded in 1978, Ross is committed to educating a diverse group of skilled physicians to serve as leaders in the U.S. healthcare system. With more than 12,000 alumni, Ross is an important contributor to healthcare in North America. Students complete their foundational studies in Bridgetown, Barbados before completing their clinical training in one of Ross’s affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the United States.